Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Business Communication

  • Conversation 5A 5B
    Gloria(5B): Hello, San Diego DMV office, how may I help you?
    Ben(5A): Hello. My name is Rob Kailer. Could I speak to Andrea Koss?
    Gloria: Who’s calling, please?
    Ben: Rob Kailer from KAD Productions.
    Gloria: Could you spell your name, please?
    Ben: R..O..B. Rob. And Kailer. K..A..I..L..E..R.
    Gloria: Rob Kailer from …
    Ben: KAD Productions.
    Gloria: Ok. Mr. Kailer from KAD Productions. I’m sorry, Mr. Kailer. Ms. Koss is not available to the phone. She has a meeting right now. Can I take a message?
    Ben: Ok. Please tell her that I called – and I’d like to talk about the conference’s program.
    Gloria: Sure, shall I ask her to call you back?
    Ben: Yes, please. My mobile number is 070-832-1772.
    Gloria: 070-832-1772.
    Ben: Correct.
    Gloria: I’ll get the message to her and she’ll call back later.
    Ben: Thank you for your help. Goodbye.
    Gloria: Bye-bye.

 

  • Conversation 6A 6B
    Wanda: Good morning, Hamsun Company.
    Lanky: Good morning, this is Peter Chang, calling from Malasia. I would like to make an arrangement with Ms. Wanda today. Is she available in the afternoon??
    Wanda: I’m sorry she is not here. She is out of town.
    Lanky: When will she back?
    Wanda: Er, he will come back tomorrow. Would you like to leave a message?
    Lanky: Yes, please ask him to call me.
    Wanda: I’m sorry. Can you repeat your name, please?
    Lanky: Yes, it’s Peter Chang. P-E-T-E-R C-H-A-N-G.
    Wanda: And your phone, please.
    Lanky: 0999-000123.
    Wanda: Let me check again. Mr. Peter Chang and your phone number is 0999-100123.
    Lanky: Yes.
    Wanda: Ok, I will talk to Ms. Wanda to call you tomorrow morning.
    Lanky: Thank you, Goodbye.
    Wanda: Goodbye.

  • Conversation 9A 9B
    Lanky (receptionist): Good morning, Salco Service, may I help you?
    Wanda: Hello, my name is Wanda from Comcosol in England. Could I speak to your Production Manager- Mr. Lanky?
    Lanky (receptionist): Oh, yes, I’ll put you through right away. Hold on, please.
    Wanda: Thanks.
    Lanky: Hello, Lanky speaking.
    Wanda: This is Wanda, the Quality Control Manager for Comcosol.
    Lanky: Oh, Wanda, how have you been, recently?
    Wanda: Nothing to complain. How about you?
    Lanky: Great. May I ask you what it’s about?
    Wanda: Certainly. I’d like an appointment to discuss some design modification with you.
    Lanky: I see. When will be good for you?
    Wanda: How about October 17th?
    Lanky: Er…I’m sorry, October 17th is not possible. I have another meeting. How about October 20th?
    Wanda: October 20th? Oh, yes, that would be okay. Shall we say ten a.m.?
    Lanky: Sure, that’s a good time for us. Er…can I ask you to confirm by email? And would you like us to reserve a room or a hotel?
    Wanda: I’ll email- and thak you but no, the reservation isn’t necessary.
    Lanky: Okay, thank you very much for calling. We look forward to your email to confirm the meeting. Goodbye, Wanda.
    Wanda: Goodbye.

  • Conversation 10A 10B
    Wanda: Hello, Wanda speaking.
    Lanky: Hello, it’s Lanky. Listen, I’m sorry Wanda. We’re supposed to meet at 10a.m.            on October 20th about the design modification. Um….I’m sorry I’ve to go to Japan on urgent business to discuss a legal problem. Can we meet some other day, October 24th, perhaps?
    Wanda: Just a minute. I’ll look at my calendar…yes, well…October 24th, Monday…Er, but I’ve got a meeting at 9:30…hmm...can we meet over lunch about one o’clock?
    Lanky: Sure, that would be great.
    Wanda: Okay, I’ll go to your office at one o’clock.
    Lanky: Thank you and I’m really sorry to trouble you.
    Wanda: Not at all. It sound that you’re very busy recently, aren’t you?
    Lanky: Yes, because our company has some operation problem recently. It almost drives me crazy.
    Wanda: Wow, that’s bad to hear about this. Please take care of yourself and be relaxing, ok?
    Lanky: Okay, I’ll. Thanks for your concernment and I’ll look forward to this meeting.
    Wanda: Me, too. See you on October 24th. Goodbye, Lanky.
    Lanky: Goodbye.

  • Conversation
    A. Hello, my name is Wanda Huang, from Caldos, a multinational company in Brazil. I’ve got an appointment to see Travis.
    B. Welcome to Taiwan. My name is Travis. Nice to meet you.
    A. Nice to meet you, too.
    B. How was your trip?
    A. It’s great.
    B. Is this your first visit here?
    A. No, in fact the first time I came was for a business trip at 2005.
    B. Are you familiar with Taiwan?
    A. Not really, but I’ve done same research on the Internet before I came, so it should be ok.
    B. If you need any help just give me a call.
    A. I’m sure I will. (That's very polite of you! Thank you.)
    B. If you need to use a phone or fax, please let me know.
    A. Oh, I’d like to make a phone call, please.
    B. Sure. There is the phone.
    A. Thanks.

    (A few minutes later)
    A. What time is it?
    B. It’s 3:30pm.
    A. Unfortunately, yesterday I discovered that I need to leave at 4 p.m. as I have a plane to catch to Paris at 5:30. Could you get me a taxi to the airport?
    B. Sure. But I’ve to tell you that there are train strikes in my country.
    A. Will this affect reaching the airport?
    B. Yes. And this strike is affecting the air travel. So, the flights are likely to be delay.
    A. Well, that’s too bad. Has any method to solve it?
    B. Maybe we can go to meet one of my colleagues, Bert Trautman. I’d like to introduce you to him. He may help you solve this problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home