Saturday, January 20, 2007

To overcome your barrier



When I was in junior high school, I attended the English conversation course by school. I wanted to overcome the barrier of speaking English with foreigners which made me afraid before. That was why I must attend this course. On the other hand, I thought it was a good opportunity to help me practice conversation skills.

During the period, the teacher taught us how to use simple words and how to use the intonation to express own thoughts and ideas to people. At first, I was worried about talking with foreign teacher, cause I have no idea how to express my thoughts. However, she always told us “You have to believe you are as good as the teacher, and not to fear to say something wrong.” Gradually, I could understand what foreigners say, and made me get relaxed and easier to communicate with them. Besides, it also helps me overcomes my psychological barrier successfully, and I have more confidence.

2 Comments:

At 9:36 PM , Blogger Yuhsiuwriting said...

Good!

I wanted to overcome the barrier of speaking English with foreigners which made me fear before.
-->, which made me afraid...

practice conversation fluently
-->to help me practice conversation skills.

You have to believe you are good just as teacher, and not to fear to say something wrong.”
-->you are as good as the teacher

it also overcomes my psychological barrier successfully, and I have more confidence.
-->it also helps me overcome...

 
At 1:54 AM , Blogger amanda said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home